2012 SCHOLARSHIP / ACHIEVEMENTS
- Vidyashree and Vidyabhushan Award – Master Sreejan Srivastava (ICSE), Miss Radhika Chandak (ISC-COMM), Master Souvik Saha (ISC – SIENCE) & Miss Sabnam Basu (ISC – ARTS) were awarded by Amul.
- Convener (ISC – 2012) – Mr. H.P. Das, Principal, St. Stephen’s School, Dum Dum is once again appointed as the Convener, ISC – 2012, Zone “˜D’, Kolkata Centres with responsibilities of 22 renowned schools under CISCE, New Delhi.
2011 – 2012 SCHOLARSHIP / ACHIEVEMENTS
- Convener (ISC – 2011) – Mr. H.P. Das, Principal, St. Stephen’s School, Dum Dum is once again appointed as the Convener, ISC – 2011, Zone “˜D’, Kolkata Centres with responsibilities of 16 renowned schools under CISCE, New Delhi.
- Sadbhavna Award – A proud moment of St. Stephen’s when Mr. H.P. Das, Principal of St. Stephen’s School, Dum Dum received the Indira Gandhi Sadbhabna Award on 18th November 2010 in New Delhi by Former Governor of Tamil Nadu and Assam, Shri B.N. Singh for outstanding services, achievements and contributions to the Mother Country by Citizens Integration Peace Society.
- Bharat Gaurav Award – Mr. H.P. Das, Principal, St. Stephen’s School, Dum Dum will be warded on 22nd March 2011 at Hyderabad at Anjuman Hall, Hotel Taj Banjara by Hon’ble Dr. T Geeta Reddy, Minister of Major Industries, Sugar, Commerce & Exports, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh.
- All India Colour – Handwriting Contest (2010-2011) – Miss Nikita Jain, class VII-E and Miss Smriti Kabiraj, class VI-B was awarded “˜Kaladarpan Award’ by Akhil Bhartiya Nagarik Vikas Kendra(All India Citizen Development Centre), Aurangabad.
- Camlin – Miss Diksha Jha was awarded Certificate of Appreciation all three level (School/Regional/National) judging of All India Camel Colour Contest.
- Camlin – Miss Snehankita Paul (Group – C – classes III-IV) awarded 2nd Position in Nehru Children Museum on 10th March 2011 by Dr. Nandini Roy Chowdhury.
- 10th National Cyber Olympiad – Master Subhasish Saha, class VIII is awarded School Rank – 1st, City Rank – 6th & State Rank – 10th.
- Times NIE School Reporter Programme – Master Debjyoti Mitra, VIII-E and Master Subhasish Saha, VIII-A were nominated to represent our school in Times NIE Newsmakers’ Meet organized by Times of India.
- Students of the Year – Miss Megha Roy, class VII and Miss Sohini Mukherjee, class V are nominated as Student of the Year by Times NIE, Times of India.
- Bharat Scouts & Guides (Scouts/Guides/Quiz/ Debate Competition) – The competition organized at State Training Centre St. Stephen’s School, Dum Dum is declared Runner-Up in “Cub Competition”. Master SwarajPaul, Master Subhasish Saha & Miss Sweta Ojha were the winner of Quiz Competition. Master Swaraj Paul & Miss Sweta Oja was the winner of Debate Competition. Best Speaker was won by Master Swaraj Paul & Miss Sweta Ojha.
2010 – 2011 SCHOLARSHIP / ACHIEVEMENTS
- National Cyber Olympiad – Master Shubhashis Saha of class VIII received the Certification of Participation.
- Bharat Scouts & Guides – A Quiz, Debate, and Best Speaker Competition was organized at State Training Centre Ganganagar on 13/03/2011 – Results are as follows:
- Quiz Competition – Master Swaraj Paul, Master Subhasish Saha & Miss Sweta Ojha of our school are the Winner.
- Debate Competition – Master Swaraj Paul & Miss Sweta Ojha of our school are the Winner.
- Best Speaker – Master Shivam Mehta & Miss Sweta Ojha of our school are the Winner. St. Stephen’s School, Dum Dum won the Runners-up Trophy in Cub Competition.
- Adult Leader’s Training Course for Basic Guide Captains & Folk Leaders – Organized by Bharat Scouts & Guides participated by our two teachers Ms. Rina Margaret Roy in Bulbul & Ms. Uma Saha in Guide and received Certificates.
- Birla Institute of Technological Muzeum (BITM) – Organized Sit & Draw Competition (National Science Day – 2011). The following students namely Master Ayan Saha, Miss Writtika Roy, Miss Nikita Jalan and Miss Rija Bhowmick are awarded Participation Certificates and Master Abhirup Biswas and Master Abhinaba Pal received Merit Certificates.
- Bharat Gaurav Award – Mr. H.P. Das, Principal of St. Stephen’s Group of Schools received the award, presented to him by the Hon’ble Dr. J. Geetha Reddy the Minister of Major Industries, Sugar, Commerce & Export, Government of Andra Pradesh, on Tuesday, 22nd March 2011 at Hyderabad. This award was given to him by the Citizens Integration Peace Society for his outstanding individual achievement & distinguished services to the nation.
- Linc Writing Fighting Competition – The following students are awarded namely Master Debanjan Bhardhan & Miss Sreetama Chattopadhyay – FIRST, Miss Sharmila Dey & Miss Koyena Mazumder – SECOND & Miss Titiksha Roy & Miss Soumitree Sarkar – THIRD.
- Asia Pacific Excellency Award – Mr. H.P. Das, Principal of St. Stephen’s Group of Schools. This award was given to him by the Citizens Integration Peace Society the award for his outstanding individual achievements & distinguished services to the Nation presented by Hon’ble Shri Bharat Mohan Adhikari, Deputy Prime Minister & Minister of Finance, Govt. of Nepal on 21st May 2011 at Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Best Principal Award – Science Olympiad Foundation awarded Best Principal’s Trophy to Mr. H.P. Das, Principal of St. Stephen’s Group of Schools. The Trophy and Certificate was handed over to him by Ms. Rinku Dey, Asst. Teacher and Convener Science Olympiad Examination.
- 13th National Science Olympiad/4th International Mathematics Olympiad/10th National Cyber Olympiad – The Students of our school participated in the test and 21 students are awarded Cash Prizes and Gift Prizes.
- Dr. Ambedkar Foundation (Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India) – Merit Award Scheme for meritorious students of Senior Secondary School Examination to Schedule Caste is awarded to two of our school students of Class XII (2010-2011) –
- Master Debasish Halder awarded with a cash prize of Rs. 40, 000/- (Rupees fourty thousand only).
- Miss Riya Sarkar awarded with a cash prize of Rs. 20, 000/- (Rupees twenty thousand only).
Vidyashree And Vidyabhushan Award for Toppers ICSE X and ISC XII – 2011 – Application Forms of the Toppers of ICSE & ISC March 2011 to receive the said award from Amul – The Taste of India.
Name of the Toppers
2009 – 2010 SCHOLARSHIP / ACHIEVEMENTS
- Children Education Trust – The exam held on April 21, 2010 in school campus. Master Suvam Sen &Miss Debarshi Adhikari, class VIII received “Certificate of Brilliance” and cash scholarship prize of Rs. 800/- each.
- 9th National Cyber Olympiad & 12th National Science Olympiad – 5 students achieved AI Rank and cash prize worth Rs. 250/- to Rs. 500/-.
- 3rd International Mathematics Olympiad – 6 students achieved International Rank and CDs worth Rs. 3672/-.
- Foundation for Science & Environment – Awarded our school “Green Education and Development” Award on August 6, 2010 at Khardah Rabindra Bhavan. Ms. Chaitali Sengupta and Ms. Sanjukta Ghosh received the award on behalf of Mr. H.P. Das.
- Dum Dum Shiksha O Sanskriti (Singing Competition) – The competition held at Auro Hall on April 14, 2010, Miss Dilasha Chowhury ranked 1st in the competition. The award and photograph was collected by Mr. Sumit Mondal, Asst. Teacher.
- Linc 4th Intra-school Handwriting Competition – 6 students were ranked and received Certificates.
- Scout & Guide – Master Swaraj Paul, class IX selected by the Bharat Scouts & Guide to participate in SAJ Invitation Programme 2010 held at Shizuoka, Japan from 31st July to 10th August 2010.
- Abinash Charitable Trust – Master Abhiklash Jash received scholarship in the distribution ceremony held on September 6, 2010 at Rabindra Okakura Bhaban, Salt Lake. The scholarship was handed over by Hon’ble Shree Partha De, MIC, West Bengal School Education.
- Mamraj Agarwal Foundation – “Mamraj Agarwal Rashtriya Puraskar” was awarded to Miss Meenakshi Bhowmick for securing 97.60% in ICSE 2010 Examinations. She felicitated on August 2010 with an appreciation Certificate and a Cash Award by a cheque of Rs. 5000/- by His Excellency Shri M.K. Narayana Hon’ble Governor of West Bengal at Raj Bhawan.
- Dr. Ambedkar Foundation (Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India) – National Merit scholarship Award to SC students (Class XII) awarded with a cash prize of R. 60, 000/- to Master Subhajit Bera of class XII Sc passed with 96% in ISC 2009 Examinations.
- Citizen Integration Peace Society – Mr. H.P. Das, Principal of St. Stephen’s School, Dum Dum was honoured by “RAJIV GHANDHI SHIROMONI AWARD” for outstanding individual achievements & distinguished services to the Nation. The award memento was handed over to him by His Excellency Dr. Iqbal Singh, Lt. Governor of Puducherry on August 22, 2010 at New Delhi.
|Name of the Toppers||Roll No||%|
|1||MASTER SREEJAN SRIVASTAVA (ICSE)||:||T/2524/289||95.4%|
|2||MISS RADHIKA CHANDAK (ISC-COMM)||:||B/8328/141||96.25%|
|3||MASTER SOUVIK SAHA (ISC-SCIENCE)||:||B/8328/122||93.85%|
|4||MISS SABNAM BASU (ISC-ARTS)||:||B/8328/217||91.5%|
|Name of the Organization||Date & Venue||Name & No. Participant||Award / Position|
|Akhil Bhartiya Nagrik Vikas Kendra||Aurangabad, Maharashtra||Rounak Mazumder (VID)Soumita Hari (VIIIA)||Kaladarpan Award|
|Akhil Bhartiya Nagrik Vikas Kendra||Aurangabad, Maharashtra||Soumita Hari – VIII||Kala Ratna Award|
|Centre for Indian Art Resources & Training||New Delhi||Soumita Hari – VIII||Gold Medal for Painting|
|Students Dev. Society||Pune, Maharashtra||Basudhara Purkait – IX-D – Best Handwriting AwardRaunak Majumder – VI-D – Best Coloring Award|
|ASISC (National) Drawing & Painting Comp.-2008||Jaipur, Rajasthan||St. Stephen’s School||Group Champion among the seven States participated|
|8th National Cyber Olympiad||School Campus||III to XII – 78 students||10 Toppers|
|Sa Ra Ga Ma Pa Biswashera 08||Zee TV||Maampee Nair(Ex-student-2005)||3 Position|
|ISKA 15th World Cup – 2008||25TH Sept to 22nd Oct -08Sydney, Australia||Ritik Ghosh – VIA Represented India||2nd Position in Martial Art Event|
|Association of Schools for the Indian School Certificate||19th Dec – 08Children’s Academy Jaipur||Pratijay Chatterjee
|Drawing & Painting Competition|
|Association of Schools for the Indian School Certificate||19th Dec – 08Children’s Academy Jaipur||Satyaki Ghosh
Krishanu Ray Soorma Das Tilottama Dutta
|Awarded for securing 95% marks in March 2008 Examination|
|Amul Vidyashree & Vidyabhushan Award||11th Feb ’09Girish Manch||Souvik Chowdhury – ICSE 2008 – 95.80%Sunit Das – ISC 2008 – 97%|